Discussions

Discussion of anything related to Tandems. Opinions expressed on this discussion board are those of the contributors and not necessarily those of the Tandem Club. Postings or extracts may be published in the Tandem Club Journal.
To add a response or post a new message you need to have an account and be logged in. You can get emails sent to you by enabling the Send Forum Emails tick box in your user preferences. Note you need to login to the website to add replies. See our help information here for more information.
You can add to this discussion topic using the entry box at the bottom of this page, when logged in. Login

Frames and components

Peter Weeks2021-03-26 11:46:12

A family has contacted the Club with a list of tandem frames and bike components they want to dispose of.  95(!) frames of various styles and sizes 22/20 up to 25/23.  The components include Sachs-Maillard hubs, 6-speed and 5-speed cassettes, front and rear derailleurs, Miranda chainsets, pannier racks and rear hub brakes.  No further info at this time.

They say they prefer to sell in one or a few lots rather than as individual items.  Stock came from a former tandem business.

Anyone interested in helping this family dispose of the stock?

Peter Weeks, Chair

Mark Hudson 2021-03-26 13:15:31

Hi Peter,

I would definitely be interested. Primarily in the larger 25/23 frames and some parts. But happy to take more if that's what the owners wish. 

Regards,

Mark

Peter Weeks2021-03-26 18:20:21

Mark

Thanks for yr message. Can I just check. Are you interested in buying all or substantially all of the frames and components?  The family are looking to dispose of the stock in one or a few lots.  Peter  

Mark Hudson 2021-03-26 18:26:07

Preferably substantially all. I don't quite need 95 tandem frames! But I guess it depends on price and location. If there are frames and parts that are of interest to me and I can move the surplus on, then potentially all of it, too.

Mark

2021-03-26 18:48:43

Hello Peter, 

I'd be happy to buy the full collection - I'd like to look at the collection and make an offer - where is it based? 

Brian, Golden Age Cycles, Bicester, Oxfordshire.

Mark Hudson 2021-04-02 13:18:10

Hi Peter,

Any update on this?

Mark

Peter Weeks2021-04-06 12:01:45

Mark

The family are talking with a prospective buyer.  If that doesn't happen I will put you in touch.

Regards

Peter 

Peter Weeks2021-04-13 12:07:43

Mark

can you contact me please at  peter.weeks@blueyonder.co.uk

Matthew Hodges2021-04-13 22:16:12

I'm not sure this is good publicity for Tandeming signalling both Left and right at the same time.

Matthew Hodges2021-04-14 08:48:54

Sorry I should have said see picture and posted it as a new thread.