All forum posts

This view lists all forum posts from the different forums
To add a response or post a new message you need to have an account and be logged in. You can get emails sent to you by enabling the Send Forum Emails tick box in your user preferences. Note you need to login to the website to add replies. See our help information here for more information.
You can add to this discussion topic using the entry box at the bottom of this page, when logged in. Login

Dt swiss tandem hubs 540+Hugi circa 2000

David isherwood2023-12-04 13:44:32

Hi

Hopefully a simple question 

I have a 540 and Hugi rear hub,  9 speed on 140mm OLN...

Both hubs have a threaded nearside hub body for either a drum brake or currently a 9mm thick collar for a disc rotor...

I have seen talk of a 20mm disc collar for bikes running a 145mm OLN

Has anyone had experience running a disc rotor on a 9mm thick collar with a 140mm OLN..? 

I'd feel happier running a 20mm thick collar but am limited by the 140mm OLN it would appear. 

Thanks for any insight your able to give. 

David

Stuart Hunter2023-12-05 22:38:40
I had my DT, Swiss Hugi Hub, converted to 145 OLN I also had the frame stretched, to 145 and had lugs for a disc brake brazed on by Argos in Bristol. I screwed on a 20mm collar with a spacer behind, it .140 is probably a bit tight for anything other than, a very small disk. (it was a steel frame) you might get away with the 9mm collar so long as it's fully screwed onto the hub, there is of course, more of a chance of it tearing the threads off your hub than with a 20mm collar.