Wanted

Things wanted.
To add a response or post a new message you need to have an account and be logged in. You can get emails sent to you by enabling the Send Forum Emails tick box in your user preferences. Note you need to login to the website to add replies. See our help information here for more information.
You can add to this discussion topic using the entry box at the bottom of this page, when logged in. Login

Wanted L/S Thorn ideally with Rohloff hub

James Acworth2020-07-27 23:06:04

Hello to all. I've been riding with my 14yr old daughter with Down Syndrome on a Thorn Voyager Childback for the past 4 years, and want to move up to a bigger bike. We do a mix of road and offroad and have quite a high combined weight (close to 150kg). So strong frame and good brakes for the downhills are important - perhaps the double marathon frame? We don't have a huge budget, so looking for something reasonably priced.

2020-07-27 23:54:45

I have a hand built touring tandem with suspension and Hope hydraulic brakes, I ride this with my 14yr old granddaughter. Don't know if this is the kind of thing you were after, regards Graham 

James Acworth2020-07-28 19:36:43

Thanks Graham. It might work though I'd not thought of having a bike with suspension. We've put a Thudbuster seat on the back of our childback which reduces the bumps a lot. How much does full suspension sap the energy? Did you make the frame yourself?> If not, what make is it please? And where are you ?  Cheers, James

2020-07-30 18:54:28
2020-07-30 20:06:56

We have just decided to sell our Thorn tandem as we need electric assistance. Large front, small rear. I am 6'4" stoker is 5'.  Rohloff hub. S&S coupling. Disc brake at rear. Have not really decided on price yet but cost was £4500 less than 3 years ago.  Are you still looking for one?

2020-07-31 08:52:25

Suggest we continue via email. Mine is

cliffbruce21@gmail.com

James Acworth2020-07-30 22:59:20

Hello Bruce - Yes, still looking and yours is almost exactly what we're looking for. However, we don't have a huge budget.  Where are you? Perhaps if not too far away, we could at least come and have a try. Thanks. James.

James Acworth2020-08-01 23:15:48

Thanks to the Tandem Club for quickly providing an answer to our request - we're now the proud new owners of an Orange Thorn Raven. Thanks also to Cliff and wife for passing it down to us.