For Sale Module
You can place adverts for items using the For Sale system. To do this you must have a website login. As a Tandem Club member if you don't have a website login one will be setup for you next time you renew. If you don't have a login or you are not a club member please apply for a login.
- For members please email: email@example.com.
- For others please use the "Create New Account" link.
Please note that your account will need to be enabled by the Tandem Club before you can post an advert and it may take a couple of days for one of us volunteers to do this.
To add an advert please use the Add For Sale Item link in the left hand menu. You should add a short title, an approximate price in pounds stirling (just the number) and a description. You can also add a picture using the "Browse" button on the Picture field if wanted. This will allow you to upload a picture from your computer, phone, tablet etc. Click on the Save button when finished and you will then be presented with a payment page stating the price and giving a link to go to our credit/debit card payment page.
All items under £100 are free to advertise. A reasonable charge for postage can be made.
Items above £100 are charged at £8 for members and £16 for non members.
Your advert will remain on our website for 3 months. If your item does not sell within the 3 months you can renew your advert free of charge. Edit the advert and use the "Renew" button to do this.
When selling always be carefull of fraudsters as there are some scams about. Some notes:
- Always vet your purchaser. Ideally get their name, email address, postal address and telephone number. If they are a member you can validate them more easily.
- Look carefully at any emails sent to you, if they don't want to come and view the tandem be very suspisious.
- Always get a signature that the goods have been picked up or sent. You can generate a simple document for this. There is a template at: ForSaleReceivedForm.pdf
- Be carefull of using Paypal for payments. There is a scam where somone says they will pay by Paypal and pays by that method. They then pick up the goods but tell Paypal they have not been received. They may then get a refund from Paypal. Make sure you get a receipt with a signature.
- Be careful of getting paid with cheques. There is a fraud where people buy things with cheques, you see the value in your account and then they cancel the cheque before the money has actually transferred. It normally take 6 working days before the money is really in your account.
- Best way to get paid is to use BACS (direct bank transfer) as this is tracked or by cash.
Editing and Deletion
You can edit your advert at any time using the "Edit" button at the bottom of the advert.
- The "Sold" button allows you to mark the advert as sold and it will then no longer be displayed.
- The "Renew" button allows you to extend the time of your advert by 3 months.
- The "Delete" button allows you to delete the item once sold.
What to include
Some useful itrems to include in an advert are:
- Frame sizes front & back
- Make and Condition
- Wheel size
- How many gears
- Brake numbers and types
- Racks fitted (front and/or rear)
- Frame material
- Added features, such as bottle carriers, pump, bags (front/rear), lights, speedometer etc.
Anyone with a website account can get emails sent to them whenever a new advert is placed. Set the checkbox "forsaleEmails" in your user preferences to do this.
The For Sale module is designed to support adverts placed my members and non members. It allows the advert to be paid for using a credit or debit card.
Administrators can edit the information using the left hand menu's command links. The role adminForSale allows this.
Emails are sent to all those configured in the "Administration email addresses" list on each advert placed.
The Clean link cleans old adverts (greater than a year old) from the system.